When asked whether he has something in mind for Far Cry 3's world and characters, Yohalem said: "Yes ... I'm working on something now that will be surprising, I think, when it's announced. But it definitely is a 'strike while the iron's hot' thing, and we'll see."
Yohalem's comments echo the sentiments of Ubisoft, which said back in February that fans will not have to wait another four years for the next Far Cry game. Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said at the time that Far Cry 3 performed "way better than expected," shipping 4.5 million copies.
Joystiq also reports that the Brazilian classification board lists a Ubisoft title called Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, which was classified in January of this year for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC. The release date is not yet known, but suggests a continuation from Far Cry 3.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Here is why you probably won't get into the LittleBigPlanet 3 private beta this August
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business