Age of Empires 2 HD, a modern update of the classic 1999 strategy title Age of Empires 2: The Age of Kings, will launch on Windows PC exclusively through Steam on April 9 for $19.99, according to a Steam listing for the game.
The remake is being handled by Hidden Path Entertainment, the studio behind Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and the Defense Grid games; Microsoft Studios is the publisher. Age of Empires 2 was originally developed by the now-defunct Ensemble Studios.
Age of Empires 2 HD includes all 18 civilization campaigns from the original title and its 2000 expansion, The Conquerors. It also offers online play through Steam; The Age of Kings supported up to eight players in a game. And Hidden Path is remastering the game's graphics in 1080p.
Interested parties can pre-order Age of Empires 2 HD through Steam to get a 10 percent discount (from $19.99 to $17.99) and access to the game four days early. Watch the announcement trailer below.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
- ABC just launched history's biggest, most well-funded LARP
- How to destroy your enemies as the Monster in Evolve
- Visit Africa's first refugee-owned arcade with NPR
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Rock1m1's review on Wolfenstein: The New Order
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story