Age of Empires 2 HD, a modern update of the classic 1999 strategy title Age of Empires 2: The Age of Kings, will launch on Windows PC exclusively through Steam on April 9 for $19.99, according to a Steam listing for the game.
The remake is being handled by Hidden Path Entertainment, the studio behind Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and the Defense Grid games; Microsoft Studios is the publisher. Age of Empires 2 was originally developed by the now-defunct Ensemble Studios.
Age of Empires 2 HD includes all 18 civilization campaigns from the original title and its 2000 expansion, The Conquerors. It also offers online play through Steam; The Age of Kings supported up to eight players in a game. And Hidden Path is remastering the game's graphics in 1080p.
Interested parties can pre-order Age of Empires 2 HD through Steam to get a 10 percent discount (from $19.99 to $17.99) and access to the game four days early. Watch the announcement trailer below.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Post Your Rig!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)