Age of Empires 2 HD, a modern update of the classic 1999 strategy title Age of Empires 2: The Age of Kings, will launch on Windows PC exclusively through Steam on April 9 for $19.99, according to a Steam listing for the game.
The remake is being handled by Hidden Path Entertainment, the studio behind Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and the Defense Grid games; Microsoft Studios is the publisher. Age of Empires 2 was originally developed by the now-defunct Ensemble Studios.
Age of Empires 2 HD includes all 18 civilization campaigns from the original title and its 2000 expansion, The Conquerors. It also offers online play through Steam; The Age of Kings supported up to eight players in a game. And Hidden Path is remastering the game's graphics in 1080p.
Interested parties can pre-order Age of Empires 2 HD through Steam to get a 10 percent discount (from $19.99 to $17.99) and access to the game four days early. Watch the announcement trailer below.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Games with great Sound Design
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us