Parthia, the ancient confederation of tribes, will be a playable faction in upcoming real-time strategy title Total War: Rome 2.
Parthia is an Eastern faction in the region of north-eastern Iran. Their strengths lay in equine disciplines-based combat such horse-archers and armored cavalry who don iron or bronze chain-mail, equipping both horse and rider.
Trained and equipped in the Seleucid way, the infantry comprises of spear and skirmisher units, a smattering of mercenaries and Persian/Iranian hillmen. Their optimal battle conditions are open ground due to their equine disciplines and marksmanship.
Parthia culture is at ease with foreign cultures, a trait that helps conquering new lands, but their stand against slavery "is detrimental to both the economy and to public order." Other Carthage, Suebi, Rome, Macedon, Iceni, Arverni and Rome.: 2 factions announced include
Total War: Rome 2 will be released for PC in October 2013.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4