Parthia, the ancient confederation of tribes, will be a playable faction in upcoming real-time strategy title Total War: Rome 2.
Parthia is an Eastern faction in the region of north-eastern Iran. Their strengths lay in equine disciplines-based combat such horse-archers and armored cavalry who don iron or bronze chain-mail, equipping both horse and rider.
Trained and equipped in the Seleucid way, the infantry comprises of spear and skirmisher units, a smattering of mercenaries and Persian/Iranian hillmen. Their optimal battle conditions are open ground due to their equine disciplines and marksmanship.
Parthia culture is at ease with foreign cultures, a trait that helps conquering new lands, but their stand against slavery "is detrimental to both the economy and to public order." Other Carthage, Suebi, Rome, Macedon, Iceni, Arverni and Rome.: 2 factions announced include
Total War: Rome 2 will be released for PC in October 2013.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance