Sandbox Games revealed its free-to-play massively multiplayer online game, Albion Online, the "first true cross-platform MMO."
The Berlin-based development company says Albion Online will feature cross platform play across, , , and PC.
With zero character classes, the game will feature a unique take on character customization. Players will be free to create whatever character they want without barriers: "Want to be a magician in a robe, in combination with sword and shield? No problem in Albion Online!"
In-game items — including buildings — will be user generated. These in-game items will be available to purchase from the player who created them via the game. Sandbox Games states that it will act as a "central bank, offering and exchanging currencies."
The game will feature territory-based PvP. Over 800 territories can be claimed and conquered by player guilds. Owning a territory will give those players access to more resources and silver.
Although each territory will be protected from raiders stealing resources and destroying buildings, starting wars between regions will be possible. Buildings of the losing side will then become property of the victors.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell