The developer behind the 3DS port of Donkey Kong Country Returns is not the title's original maker Retro Studios; rather, developer Monster Games will be in charge of the 3DS title, a listing on the Australian ratings board revealed.
Monster Games previously collaborated with Nintendo on titles such as the 2011 release of Pilotwings Resort and Wii racing title Excite Truck.
Retro Games launched platformer Donkey Kong Country Returns in 2010. It is the studio's most recent big release. The 3DS port was first announced last month during a Nintendo Direct presentation. The game will release sometime this summer for Nintendo 3DS.
More from Polygon
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today