Double Dragon 2: Wander of the Dragons, a 3D remake of 1988 arcade title Double Dragon 2: The Revenge, may be hitting Xbox Live Arcade soon, according to a list of reported achievements for the title posted to Xbox 360 Achievements.
The remake is in development with Korean companies Cyberfront Korea, MMO Dragonica developer Barunson Games and Ragnarok Online developer Gravity Co. Wander of the Dragons, originally slated for release in September 2011, tweaks the original side-scrolling beat-'em-up for a modern release; a trailer released for the title two years ago shows new character designs and updated fighting visuals.
Several posted achievements refer to a story mode, including ones for witnessing specific characters' deaths, completing story mode without using special attacks and completing the story in co-op. The achievements also reference a versus mode, a survival or horde mode and a "Hard" difficulty setting, hinting that Wander of the Dragons may allow players to choose more than one difficulty.
Polygon has reached out to Barunson Games and Gravity for more information on Wander of the Dragons and a possible release date, and will update this story with more information as we have it.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- That bucket came from the moon: Yep, Destiny took the ice bucket challenge
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Sony closing down PlayStation Home in Japan and Asia