An error on Japanese Wii U consoles was preventing some users from accessing the eShop or updating the console's firmware, according to Nintendo, which has released a patch that should fix it.
In a YouTube video from user MEGUMIbernadette, trying to access the firmware update process or eShop results in the user being stymied by error code 105-3102. This is a problem in and of itself, but it's particularly frustrating for Wii U owners who purchased the Deluxe Set of the console for the included registration form that provides exclusive access to the beta test for Dragon Quest 10 Online.
Nintendo is aware of the error and updated its support website today with a four-step process by which users can patch their console through a workaround — entering Wii Mode first and using the Wii Shop Channel. If the error crops up again, the company advises users to repeat the patch process. Nintendo also said its planned April firmware update for Wii U will eliminate the issue.
- The Last of Us review update: Remastered on PS4
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- What do Shakespeare and The Last of Us movie have in common?