Shadowrun Returns, Harebrained Schemes' upcoming reboot of the classic science-fantasy role-playing franchise, received its first bit of gameplay footage in a video released by the developer today.
The footage, pulled from an alpha version of the game, showcases elements which will be familiar to fans of the original Shadowrun. After choosing a cyberpunk-inspired character archetype, players must navigate the dark, dangerous streets of a post-apocalyptic city while working with and defending against its denizens. In the video, the developers have created a samurai sword-wielding long-range specialist, who is extremely capable at dispatching foes in the game's turn-based combat system.
Check out the nearly 20-minute-long video above for a cross-section of the title. Shadowrun Returns is slated to launch early this summer on Windows PC, Mac and Linux.
- Weekend at Pokégon's: Open Thread - Aug 23-24
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too