Shadowrun Returns, Harebrained Schemes' upcoming reboot of the classic science-fantasy role-playing franchise, received its first bit of gameplay footage in a video released by the developer today.
The footage, pulled from an alpha version of the game, showcases elements which will be familiar to fans of the original Shadowrun. After choosing a cyberpunk-inspired character archetype, players must navigate the dark, dangerous streets of a post-apocalyptic city while working with and defending against its denizens. In the video, the developers have created a samurai sword-wielding long-range specialist, who is extremely capable at dispatching foes in the game's turn-based combat system.
Check out the nearly 20-minute-long video above for a cross-section of the title. Shadowrun Returns is slated to launch early this summer on Windows PC, Mac and Linux.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- The best song in a video game?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!