Shadowrun Returns, Harebrained Schemes' upcoming reboot of the classic science-fantasy role-playing franchise, received its first bit of gameplay footage in a video released by the developer today.
The footage, pulled from an alpha version of the game, showcases elements which will be familiar to fans of the original Shadowrun. After choosing a cyberpunk-inspired character archetype, players must navigate the dark, dangerous streets of a post-apocalyptic city while working with and defending against its denizens. In the video, the developers have created a samurai sword-wielding long-range specialist, who is extremely capable at dispatching foes in the game's turn-based combat system.
Check out the nearly 20-minute-long video above for a cross-section of the title. Shadowrun Returns is slated to launch early this summer on Windows PC, Mac and Linux.
More from Polygon
- Share Button Use? Can you post to another service other than FaceBook?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?