Shadowrun Returns, Harebrained Schemes' upcoming reboot of the classic science-fantasy role-playing franchise, received its first bit of gameplay footage in a video released by the developer today.
The footage, pulled from an alpha version of the game, showcases elements which will be familiar to fans of the original Shadowrun. After choosing a cyberpunk-inspired character archetype, players must navigate the dark, dangerous streets of a post-apocalyptic city while working with and defending against its denizens. In the video, the developers have created a samurai sword-wielding long-range specialist, who is extremely capable at dispatching foes in the game's turn-based combat system.
Check out the nearly 20-minute-long video above for a cross-section of the title. Shadowrun Returns is slated to launch early this summer on Windows PC, Mac and Linux.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)