Shadowrun Returns, Harebrained Schemes' upcoming reboot of the classic science-fantasy role-playing franchise, received its first bit of gameplay footage in a video released by the developer today.
The footage, pulled from an alpha version of the game, showcases elements which will be familiar to fans of the original Shadowrun. After choosing a cyberpunk-inspired character archetype, players must navigate the dark, dangerous streets of a post-apocalyptic city while working with and defending against its denizens. In the video, the developers have created a samurai sword-wielding long-range specialist, who is extremely capable at dispatching foes in the game's turn-based combat system.
Check out the nearly 20-minute-long video above for a cross-section of the title. Shadowrun Returns is slated to launch early this summer on Windows PC, Mac and Linux.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Batman Returns (Wed 5 Mar)
- XBOne Classifieds