Konami has released a trailer for the first DLC pack for Platinum Games' Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, showcasing an obtainable sword that speaks with the spirit of Metal Gear hero Solid Snake.
The DLC will add 30 additional Virtual Reality missions to the game, including both traditional combat scenarios starring cyborg ninja protagonist Raiden, and more platform-based missions starring the quirky three-armed Dwarf Gekko robots.
Perhaps most appealing to long-time Metal Gear fans is the addition of a special sword, the Hebidamashii (lit. "Snake Spirit"), a wooden katana that, when equipped, will allow the disembodied voice of Raiden's mentor Snake to comment on the events of the game. In the trailer, Snake compliments Raiden when the player is fighting well, and asks if he's all right when badly wounded. Being Solid Snake, the sword's spirit urges Raiden to put his heart into using the series' trademark cardboard box, and to never treat it poorly.
PS3 owners will be able to download this DLC at no cost from March 12 to April 3.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy