The next DLC pack for Borderlands 2 will add a sixth playable character, according to a teaser trailer debuted at SXSW Interactive minutes ago.
The panel, led by Gearbox's Jonathan Hemingway and Matthew Armstrong, ended with a tease at the future of Borderlands 2, including a gory, silhouetted trailer showing a massive figure crushing enemies with a flurry of violent melee attacks.
"Deep beneath Pandora, an experiment has escaped," the trailer exclaimed. "Bandits beware, a new Vault Hunter is coming. More mayhem awaits."
The possibility of a new melee character lines up with scant details dropped by Hemingway and Armstrong, who lamented Borderlands 2's lack of a melee character — like the original Borderlands' pugilist, Brick. They also said they liked the stacking mechanics introduced by the last character added to the game, the Mechromancer, but didn't confirm whether or not this mechanic would make an appearance with the new character.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Batman Returns (Wed 5 Mar)