Sony Computer Entertainment has reorganized its Asian offices: the company has merged its Japan and Asia branches into one overarching division, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia, it announced today.
The reorganization entails structural changes within the company such as the formation of a new strategic planning department, a new first-party publishing department and a new product management unit.
Hiroshi Kawano, who was the president of Sony Computer Entertainment Japan, will serve as the president of the newly formed division. Hiroyuki Oda, formerly the president of Sony Computer Entertainment Asia, will take the title of deputy president and continue to work out of the Asia headquarters.
More from Polygon
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27