Capcom has joined in the April Fools' shenanigans today, announcing an upcoming fake update for 2009's Street Fighter 4, Super Duper Street Fighter 4, as stated in a joke post on the Capcom-Unity blog.
Super Duper Street Fighter 4 will add what the company calls "duper combos" to the game, as well as updates and balance tweaks that will "max out Duper Meters across the globe." The Duper Meter, sits below the Super Meter, will add properties of higher-level EX moves to Super Moves and will fill 1.5 times faster than the Super Meter.
Capcom writes that this will add "even more options to select from as we know Street Fighter 4 players love option selecting."
"Duper doesn't begin to describe how thrilled we are to bring this progression of the series to our fans," senior product manager Matt Dahlgren wrote of the fake update. "Super Duper Street Fighter 4 has been a dream of ours for some time, and that dream is now becoming a super duper reality!"
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Minecon is officially off this year; looks to return in 2015
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Microsoft hosting ID@Xbox open house before PAX kicks off