Poker Night 2, a sequel to Telltale Games' original high-stakes poker game, is headed to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Windows PC and Mac via Steam in "late April," according to Telltale's official press release.
The game will also come to "other platforms to be announced" at a later date, the press release revealed.
Confirming a leak from last week, the game will allow players to compete against Claptrap from Gearbox Software's Borderlands series, Brock Samson from The Venture Bros., Sam from Sam & Max and Ash Williams from the Evil Dead series. Portal's GLaDOS will serve as the dealer.
When playing the downloadable card game, players will get a chance to earn "Bounty Unlocks," which they can cash in for skins and heads in Borderlands 2 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC, character accessories in Team Fortress 2 on PC, Xbox 360 Avatar items and PlayStation 3 themes.
"It's great to revisit our roots after the success of The Walking Dead," said Dan Connors, Telltale's CEO. "People might not know that we have a strong history of humor in our games and players are going to find a lot of laughs in Poker Night 2. Poker Night 2 is another example of our ability to work with phenomenal partners and bring great characters to life in the gaming universe."
Update: Check out the announcement trailer below.
Update 2: A representative from Telltale told Polygon that Bounty Unlocks "are tied to the platform on which the game is purchased." For example, you'll need to purchase Poker Night 2 on PC to unlock the Team Fortress 2 items on PC.
- The fixer: Why Rod Fergusson returned to Gears of War
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell (update)
- Polygon Plays: Deus Ex - Episode one
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is the chili cheese fry of Marvel's movie collection
- Players want more options than murder, and GTA 5 proves it
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Rock1m1's review on Wolfenstein: The New Order
- Let's See Your Photo Mode Snaps From The Last of Us!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites