Poker Night 2, a sequel to Telltale Games' original high-stakes poker game, is headed to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Windows PC and Mac via Steam in "late April," according to Telltale's official press release.
The game will also come to "other platforms to be announced" at a later date, the press release revealed.
Confirming a leak from last week, the game will allow players to compete against Claptrap from Gearbox Software's Borderlands series, Brock Samson from The Venture Bros., Sam from Sam & Max and Ash Williams from the Evil Dead series. Portal's GLaDOS will serve as the dealer.
When playing the downloadable card game, players will get a chance to earn "Bounty Unlocks," which they can cash in for skins and heads in Borderlands 2 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC, character accessories in Team Fortress 2 on PC, Xbox 360 Avatar items and PlayStation 3 themes.
"It's great to revisit our roots after the success of The Walking Dead," said Dan Connors, Telltale's CEO. "People might not know that we have a strong history of humor in our games and players are going to find a lot of laughs in Poker Night 2. Poker Night 2 is another example of our ability to work with phenomenal partners and bring great characters to life in the gaming universe."
Update: Check out the announcement trailer below.
Update 2: A representative from Telltale told Polygon that Bounty Unlocks "are tied to the platform on which the game is purchased." For example, you'll need to purchase Poker Night 2 on PC to unlock the Team Fortress 2 items on PC.
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- This is why we can't have nice things.