Activision and McDonald's announced a partnership today that will bring characters from Skylanders Giants, the latest installment in the popular video game/action figure mashup, to Happy Meals this month.
From April 12 through May 2 in North America, Happy Meals will include figurines inspired by in-game characters Spyro, Gill Grunt, Drobot, Chop Chop, Ignitor, Jet-Vac, Tree Rex, Crusher and Kaos. The figurines will not be playable within Skylanders Giants, but the children's meals will include a coupon for $10 off of the Skylanders Giants Starter Pack, which includes playable characters, retails for $74.99 and is available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. The cross-promotion will come to "other select countries later this year," according to a press release from Activision.
Earlier this year, Activision announced the next phase in Skylanders' evolution. Developed by Vicarious Visions, Skylanders Swap Force will launch this fall with 16 toys that can be disassembled and reassembled to create new figures.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard