DC Universe Online, Sony Online Entertainment's comic-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game, will receive its seventh downloadable content pack, Origin Crisis, in May.
Origin Crisis will take place during a time when supervillain Brainiac has been defeated, but war continues. Speaking via press release, creative director Jens Andersen said that the DLC will give players the chance to explore the twists of different "what if" scenarios.
"In this DLC, players will travel through time to play out alternate histories and futures," Andersen said. "What would happen to Metropolis if Superman worked for Lex Luthor? What if Bruce Wayne became an evil assassin instead of a vigilante? These are the stories and realities that the players will experience and influence."
Origin Crisis will include two new raids, two hero and villain origin operations, gear, trophies and more. Legendary members will be able to download the pack for free, while free and premium members can buy it from the in-game marketplace or PlayStation Network. Windows PC players will be able to pick it up on the DC Universe Online official website.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Your first look at Agent Locke in Ridley Scott's Halo: Nightfall
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Wii U owners can now transfer their data to another Wii U
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet