DC Universe Online, Sony Online Entertainment's comic-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game, will receive its seventh downloadable content pack, Origin Crisis, in May.
Origin Crisis will take place during a time when supervillain Brainiac has been defeated, but war continues. Speaking via press release, creative director Jens Andersen said that the DLC will give players the chance to explore the twists of different "what if" scenarios.
"In this DLC, players will travel through time to play out alternate histories and futures," Andersen said. "What would happen to Metropolis if Superman worked for Lex Luthor? What if Bruce Wayne became an evil assassin instead of a vigilante? These are the stories and realities that the players will experience and influence."
Origin Crisis will include two new raids, two hero and villain origin operations, gear, trophies and more. Legendary members will be able to download the pack for free, while free and premium members can buy it from the in-game marketplace or PlayStation Network. Windows PC players will be able to pick it up on the DC Universe Online official website.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deep Silver buys Homefront from Crytek, moves Homefront: The Revolution to new studio
- Hearthstone: Curse of Naxxramas Plague Quarter - Overview Video
- What it's like to attend Girls Make Games, the all-girls game dev summer camp