The Full Indie Summit, a new game developers conference set to take place in Vancouver, Canada, is scheduled to run April 20 on a shoestring budget.
In response to GDC Canada, a game developers conference that took place in the Canadian city several years ago but failed to be successful enough to continue operation, The Full Indie Summit is a not-for-profit event designed to avoid the traditional overhead costs of running large conferences.
Tickets — which can be purchased here — are available for $10. This will be put toward costs of a 400-seat venue, as well as to food and beverages for attendees.
In addition to developers from Nintendo and Sony who will describe the process of getting games onto consoles, speakers will include:
Nels Anderson (Klei) - Mark of the Ninja, DeathSpank
Jake Kazdal (17-BIT) - Skulls of the Shogun, Space Channel 5, Command & Conquer 4
Shane Neville - Shellrazer, Company of Heroes, Need for Speed
Tyler Sigman - HOARD, Age of Empires: the Age of Kings, Sonic Rivals
Erik Johnson (Arcen Games) - A Valley Without Wind
Joel Green - Mass Effect 2 & 3, Dragon Age 2, Need for Speed: Undercover
The Full Indie Summit will run from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on April 20 at The Rio in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Bungie pays up $95K to the composer behind Halo
- I'm reviewing every FMV game because I'm broken inside
- Quit Twitter before you're hard, quit Instagram before you're soft