Indie developer Full Control and publisher bitComposer Games are partnering to develop and publish the next title in the turned-based tactical Jagged Alliance franchise, Full Control announced today.
Full Control, the studio behind the upcoming Space Hulk PC and Mac game based on the Warhammer 40K board game of same name, says the next title in the strategy series will be multiplatform.
"Jagged Alliance fits perfectly into our company strategy and portfolio as the game to do after we ship Space Hulk," said Full Control CEO Thomas Hentschel Lund in a statement. "It is one of the three games besides X-COM and Fallout that really defined the entire genre and is part of our DNA."
Full Control will be working with bitComposor to license the game. The company acquired the worldwide licensing rights for the franchise in 2010 and has worked on titles including Jagged Alliance Online, Jagged Alliance: Back in Action and Jagged Alliance: Crossfire.
"We have been keeping an eye on Full Control for the last couple of years and have been suitably impressed with their take on turn-based tactical gaming and in particular their awesome work in bringing the classic Space Hulk franchise back to life", said board of directors member at bitComposer Wolfgang Duhr. "We are excited to learn more about their plans for the franchise."
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Bungie pays up $95K to the composer behind Halo
- I'm reviewing every FMV game because I'm broken inside
- Quit Twitter before you're hard, quit Instagram before you're soft