His wife is a "huge Fallout fan," so he spent eight months and "roughly $180" on supplies like ink cartridges and clay, painting over and pasting pictures onto a Monopoly board. In an album posted on Imgur, you can see the final result, including the Fallout-themed bottle caps that serve as the board game's currency.
His custom board game is more than a skinned version of Hasbro's real estate simulator, he revealed in the comments.
"It is more than just Monopoly," he wrote. "The basics are there, but I added and changed a lot of rules, there are attacks, items, perks, and different playing strategies, it's much more exciting than standard Monopoly."
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4