Rockstar Games has made it easier than ever for fans of the Grand Theft Auto series to listen to the tunes that populate the virtual airwaves of the series' radio stations. The developer has replicated the stations from seven games (and two episodes) in the GTA franchise on Spotify and iTunes as playlists.
Playlists built from the many radio stations featured in Grand Theft Auto 3, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Grand Theft Auto 4 and Episodes from Liberty City are available from Rockstar's official website.
Granted, not every song from every radio station in Liberty City, San Andreas and Vice City is available on Spotify and iTunes, but Rockstar says it hopes to add songs "within our control where possible soon."
"And for those nostalgic for some of the commercials from these games," the developer says, "be sure to check out The Advertising Council repository if you haven't before — a proper collection of radio adverts from the archives of LC, VC and SA's historical radio dials."
Rockstar's next GTA game, Grand Theft Auto 5, is now dated for Sept.17.
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Hotline Miami publisher is coming to the rescue of GaymerX after this week's funding mishap
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death