Mojang studio founder and Minecraft creator Markus "Notch" Persson is in second place in Time magazine's poll for most influential person in the world.
The Time 100 Poll for 2013 is currently asking readers to cast their votes as to who they think is the most influential out of 100 individuals. Editors will make the final decision on the rankings next week.
According to the listing on Time's website, Persson has 151,520 votes in his favor, while 17,234 voted "no way." Persson is currently below Egyptian president Mohamed Morsi, who after assuming power last year made a declaration immunizing his actions from being legally challenged. The declaration has since been annulled.
Individuals ranking below Persson include North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in sixth, Gangnam Style artist Psy in ninth, Jackie Chan at number 11, American president Barack Obama at 12 and musician David Bowie at number 20.
Update: The poll closed on Friday evening, with Persson securing second place. The editors at Time will announce their finalized list for the 100 most influential people in the world on April 18.
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- With Han Solo, Leia and Chewie, Star Wars Commander is bringing back the force
- Microsoft may be offering 24-hour demos of Xbox One games to Gold subscribers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Games with great Sound Design
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us