Mojang studio founder and Minecraft creator Markus "Notch" Persson is in second place in Time magazine's poll for most influential person in the world.
The Time 100 Poll for 2013 is currently asking readers to cast their votes as to who they think is the most influential out of 100 individuals. Editors will make the final decision on the rankings next week.
According to the listing on Time's website, Persson has 151,520 votes in his favor, while 17,234 voted "no way." Persson is currently below Egyptian president Mohamed Morsi, who after assuming power last year made a declaration immunizing his actions from being legally challenged. The declaration has since been annulled.
Individuals ranking below Persson include North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in sixth, Gangnam Style artist Psy in ninth, Jackie Chan at number 11, American president Barack Obama at 12 and musician David Bowie at number 20.
Update: The poll closed on Friday evening, with Persson securing second place. The editors at Time will announce their finalized list for the 100 most influential people in the world on April 18.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- This is why we can't have nice things.
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends