Mojang studio founder and Minecraft creator Markus "Notch" Persson is in second place in Time magazine's poll for most influential person in the world.
The Time 100 Poll for 2013 is currently asking readers to cast their votes as to who they think is the most influential out of 100 individuals. Editors will make the final decision on the rankings next week.
According to the listing on Time's website, Persson has 151,520 votes in his favor, while 17,234 voted "no way." Persson is currently below Egyptian president Mohamed Morsi, who after assuming power last year made a declaration immunizing his actions from being legally challenged. The declaration has since been annulled.
Individuals ranking below Persson include North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in sixth, Gangnam Style artist Psy in ninth, Jackie Chan at number 11, American president Barack Obama at 12 and musician David Bowie at number 20.
Update: The poll closed on Friday evening, with Persson securing second place. The editors at Time will announce their finalized list for the 100 most influential people in the world on April 18.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- EA offers top games and big discounts for $5 a month
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake