Concept artist Claire Hummel, who assisted in visual development for BioShock Infinite, has taken to DeviantArt to share some design work detailing the evolution of heroine Elizabeth's wardrobe.
Hummel posted a series of sketches showing several concepts for the outfit Elizabeth wears during the first half of the game. Hummel's notes indicate that Irrational Games was going for a school-wear aesthetic with her first threads, basing them off 1912 high school uniforms. Regarding her skirt, a hemline at or above the knee for the period, Hummel writes, "is a stretch."
She shows several different options for Elizabeth's hairstyle, including updos and loose braids, as well as a handful of of color schemes for her final outfit. The last row of drawings show the battering Elizabeth's clothing takes as she attempts to escape Columbia, detailing a gradual progression of disarray and tearing.
Check out Hummel's DeviantArt profile page for more of her work.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal
- This Sonic and Cammy fan-film only gets weird after the S&M scene
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Magic 2015 lead designer says Duels of the Planeswalkers is a yearly franchise 'like FIFA or Madden'