A demo for Soul Sacrifice, Keiji Inafune's upcoming action role-playing game, will be available in North America on April 16 and in Europe the following day, according to posts on PlayStation's official blogs.
The PlayStation Vita demo "begins in despair," according to Sony Computer Entertainment America producer Kumi Yuasa's blog post. Players will find themselves imprisoned and awaiting sacrifice. A mysterious talking book called Librom appears, speaks of a special power and invites players to read.
"But it's best that we spoil no more than that!" Yuasa wrote.
Marvelous AQL's Soul Sacrifice is set for an April 30 release in both regions. North American pre-orders include two character costumes, three magic items and the option to listen to the game's original Japanese audio. In the meantime, you can watch the interview above to get Inafune's perspective on the game.
- We play Titanfall, TowerFall and Dark Souls 2 in this week's Polygon Live
- Dark Souls 2 - Overview video
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 wants to be the simple, fast-paced game you remember
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- Candy Crush creator estimates its IPO could value the company at $7 billion