When Tomb Raider is released April 25 in Japan, players can add Japanese language support to the "Western" Steam version of the game for $30 with the Japanese Language Pack downloadable content, according to a post on Square Enix's Japanese website.
A Google translation of the website reveals that the DLC will add support for Japanese audio and subtitles to the "Western version" of Tomb Raider that was released for Windows PC on Steam earlier this year in North America and Europe. Those who purchase the Japanese Language Pack and the Shanty Town multiplayer DLC between April 25 and May 2 will receive the Hitman: Absolution Weapons Pack 2, a multiplayer bundle of three weapons. That DLC is available in North America on Steam for $1.99.
According to Tomb Raider's North American Steam listing, the game offers "full audio support" for English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Polish and Arabic. The game also supports Korean, Traditional Chinese, Dutch, Czech and Brazilian Portuguese through subtitles.
We've reached out to Square Enix for details on Tomb Raider's Japanese Language Pack DLC, including the company's decision to patch it in with a paid update, and will update this article with more information as we receive it.
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- Help needed to find a reputable source for statistics for Indian gaming industry.
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- XBOne Classifieds
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy
- When Gameplay coincides with the story