When Tomb Raider is released April 25 in Japan, players can add Japanese language support to the "Western" Steam version of the game for $30 with the Japanese Language Pack downloadable content, according to a post on Square Enix's Japanese website.
A Google translation of the website reveals that the DLC will add support for Japanese audio and subtitles to the "Western version" of Tomb Raider that was released for Windows PC on Steam earlier this year in North America and Europe. Those who purchase the Japanese Language Pack and the Shanty Town multiplayer DLC between April 25 and May 2 will receive the Hitman: Absolution Weapons Pack 2, a multiplayer bundle of three weapons. That DLC is available in North America on Steam for $1.99.
According to Tomb Raider's North American Steam listing, the game offers "full audio support" for English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Polish and Arabic. The game also supports Korean, Traditional Chinese, Dutch, Czech and Brazilian Portuguese through subtitles.
We've reached out to Square Enix for details on Tomb Raider's Japanese Language Pack DLC, including the company's decision to patch it in with a paid update, and will update this article with more information as we receive it.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- Rogue Legacy survival guide: How to keep that family tree growing
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30