When Tomb Raider is released April 25 in Japan, players can add Japanese language support to the "Western" Steam version of the game for $30 with the Japanese Language Pack downloadable content, according to a post on Square Enix's Japanese website.
A Google translation of the website reveals that the DLC will add support for Japanese audio and subtitles to the "Western version" of Tomb Raider that was released for Windows PC on Steam earlier this year in North America and Europe. Those who purchase the Japanese Language Pack and the Shanty Town multiplayer DLC between April 25 and May 2 will receive the Hitman: Absolution Weapons Pack 2, a multiplayer bundle of three weapons. That DLC is available in North America on Steam for $1.99.
According to Tomb Raider's North American Steam listing, the game offers "full audio support" for English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Polish and Arabic. The game also supports Korean, Traditional Chinese, Dutch, Czech and Brazilian Portuguese through subtitles.
We've reached out to Square Enix for details on Tomb Raider's Japanese Language Pack DLC, including the company's decision to patch it in with a paid update, and will update this article with more information as we receive it.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Wobble Rocket: Our first game! (show us some love :) )
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- The best song in a video game?
- Controller Design Competition
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II