Readers of Polygon,
We are pleased and proud to announce that Polygon has been nominated by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences for a Webby Award in the category "Best Games Related Website."
This is huge.
[If you're done reading and want to jump right to the vote, just click here. Voting Ends April 25.]
Since 1996, The Webby Awards have celebrated the emergence of digital media. They are, for lack of a better comparison, The Oscars of the web.
The Academy will vote later this month on which nominees will walk away with the award, and we look forward to that. Whatever the outcome, it's truly an honor to be nominated alongside four of our contemporaries, most of whom have been operating for a lot longer than Polygon.
But just like Jedi, there is another ...
The People's Voice awards are the Webby Awards that you can vote for. We're up for one of those, too.
We've been working hard for the past year (and more) to make Polygon one of the strongest voices in games media and one of the most exciting destinations on the web for news, reviews and features about video games and the people who make them.
As we continue to grow, evolve and change to meet your needs and our abilities, events like the Webby nomination and the People's Voice vote provide a solid opportunity for you, the reader, to let people know how you feel about how we're doing.
If you like Polygon so far, please take a moment to vote for us in the People's Voice awards.
It's fast, and you can sign up using your Twitter, Google or Facebook accounts. And it would be a big help to us in proving that the Polygon experiment is worthwhile. People's Voice voting ends April 25.
Thanks for your time, and good luck to all of our friends nominated for Webbys.
- Tales from the Borderlands stars two lying, greedy Pandorians
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Klei's puzzle game Eets Munchies now available for iOS
- When a successful game is a failure
- Listen to the Blood Marsh theme from Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- Assassin's Creed Pirates receives second major update
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- Six Pacmen is a musical rendition of a classic game
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- Getting a PS4
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- Game development
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Thief: Sneak sneak, steal steal, curse curse
- XBOne Classifieds
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules