Speaking with the publication at GDC, Taylor questioned what kind of mechanics players would enjoy and if they wanted a "boxed product experience." Although Taylor wants to make a sequel, he said, there are problems.
"I would love to yes, but the problem is you can't just make a sequel to a game that's 17 or 16 years old," Taylor said. "You have to update and evolve it to fit into the current situation in the market. But it's a really complex question to answer because, do people want something that's been evolved, or do they want to just go back in time and imagine that it's 1998, and we're beginning work on Total Annihilation 2? Do they want that game?"
Gas Powered Games was acquired by Wargaming in February, following the company's tumultuous Kickstarter campaign, Wildman. Days after Wildman's launch, Gas Powered Games underwent "substantial" layoffs, prompting Taylor to reach out to backers on whether or not the campaign should continue. Although the Kickstarter did continue at that time, it was later canceled in February while Gas Powered Games worked on a way to keep the company running.
- Female representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Weekend at Pokégon's: Open Thread - Aug 23-24
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9