A video game's visuals not only help drive gameplay, but are "60 percent of the game," Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli told X360 magazine during a recent interview.
Yerli said that people will say that graphics aren't important, but urges people to "play Crysis and tell me they don't matter."
"It's always been about graphics driving gameplay," Yerli said. "In Crysis 3 it's the grass and the vegetation, the way the physics runs the grass interact and sways them in the wind. The better the graphics, the better the physics, the better the sound design, the better the technical assets and production values are-paired with the art direction, making things look spectacular and stylistic is 60 percent of the game."
Crysis 3 launched Feb. 19 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What's your favorite silly game?
- DESTINY disappointment?
- PLAYSTATION WONT SIGN IN
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Women in Games: A Reaction