A video game's visuals not only help drive gameplay, but are "60 percent of the game," Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli told X360 magazine during a recent interview.
Yerli said that people will say that graphics aren't important, but urges people to "play Crysis and tell me they don't matter."
"It's always been about graphics driving gameplay," Yerli said. "In Crysis 3 it's the grass and the vegetation, the way the physics runs the grass interact and sways them in the wind. The better the graphics, the better the physics, the better the sound design, the better the technical assets and production values are-paired with the art direction, making things look spectacular and stylistic is 60 percent of the game."
Crysis 3 launched Feb. 19 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- The best song in a video game?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!