A video game's visuals not only help drive gameplay, but are "60 percent of the game," Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli told X360 magazine during a recent interview.
Yerli said that people will say that graphics aren't important, but urges people to "play Crysis and tell me they don't matter."
"It's always been about graphics driving gameplay," Yerli said. "In Crysis 3 it's the grass and the vegetation, the way the physics runs the grass interact and sways them in the wind. The better the graphics, the better the physics, the better the sound design, the better the technical assets and production values are-paired with the art direction, making things look spectacular and stylistic is 60 percent of the game."
Crysis 3 launched Feb. 19 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- On Patreon support
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League