Puzzle platformer Fez sold 200,000 copies through Xbox Live Arcade in the year following its April 13, 2012 launch, creator Phil Fish announced on developer Polytron Corporation's blog.
Fish wrote that on a daily basis Polytron receives "far more love mail than hate mail," as well as Fez fan art and photos of Fez-inspired crafts like cakes in the likeness of protagonist Gomez, plushies and pictures.
"Seeing people's notebooks filled with deconstructions of the puzzles and mysteries I had so much fun putting together has been a particularly rewarding experience," he wrote.
Fish also wrote that he is considering his next project in the wake of Fez's success, and plans to "spend years driving myself crazy trying to make something beautiful so you can run around in it."
Last month Polytron announced plans to release Fez on other platforms. The game will be available through Steam for Windows PC on May 1.
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Is Polygon Live discontinued?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Post Your Rig!