A contest revealed today on Dark Souls 2's official Facebook page allows contestants to design shields to be featured in From Software's upcoming action role-playing game.
Aspiring designers can visit the Dark Souls 2 Shield Design Contest app on Facebook, where they can download and design on three shield templates and vote on those that have been submitted. Representatives at From Software will choose from the 30 top-rated designs and select two winners from each category for inclusion in the game. Those six winners will also receive a copy of Dark Souls 2 signed by the development team and have their names appear in the game's credits. Three winners selected by the community will receive copies of the game signed by the development team as well.
The contest, which resembles a similar contest that brought the Sanctus shield to Dark Souls, will end May 13. You can find more details about the contest on the official Dark Souls Facebook hub. For more on Dark Souls 2, you can watch new trailers and gameplay videos released last week.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes