The listing, which has since been taken down, included a white 3DS XL with an Animal Crossing-themed pattern and a pre-installed digital copy of Animal Crossing: New Leaf. ShopTo lists the bundle for £189.85 with a launch date of June 14, the date of New Leaf's release in Europe. The hardware bundle has previously been available only in Japan, where New Leaf launched last November.
The photo of the hardware above was taken from the listing shortly before it was pulled down.
Yesterday, Nintendo of Europe announced a new Nintendo Direct presentation focused on the 3DS will be streamed tomorrow, April 17 at 10 a.m. ET (4 p.m. CEST).
Polygon has reached out to Nintendo to verify the listing and ask if the bundle will be available in North America. We will update this story with more information as we have it.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Kickstarter suspends Ex-STALKER devs' Areal campaign, West Games turns to direct funding