Bethesda Softworks posted a brief teaser video on its Twitter account this morning, hinting at a future reveal with music imagery.
The four-second Vine clip (embedded below) begins with shots of barbed wire, then shifts to glimpses of old, old music. The first appears to be a 33 1/3 LP by The Moonbeam Trio, directed by George Shackley, called "Planned program service program no. 416." No year is listed for the LP, but the Library of Congress has recordings of the individual pieces dating back to the 1910s, including "Chanson de Florian," "Grandfather's clock" (starting at 1:07) and "I cannot sing the old songs." The video ends with images of looks to be sheet music for "Air on the G-string" by Johann Sebastian Bach.
It may be teasing something related to the Fallout universe. Music by Bach appeared in Fallout 3 on Agatha's station. Fallout: New Vegas senior producer Jason Bergman also retweeted Bethesda, saying, "CONSIDER YOURSELF TEASED."
Update: Pete Hines, Bethesda's vice president of public relations and marketing, dashed hopes on Twitter of a Fallout-related reveal, saying, "Guess again."
Update 2: Bethesda posted another teaser on April 17. Sunflowers feature heavily in the second video — first, they're just there, and then they're on fire.
Update 3: Bethesda posted the third and apparently final teaser on April 18. This video features a tall window. The reveal will come tomorrow, April 19, on IGN.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal
- Yes, you can dress up like Link when Monster Hunter 4 comes stateside next year
- Scientifically Accurate Sonic is everything you never wanted to know about hedgehog poop
- 30-day P90X program comes to Xbox Fitness for $59.99
- How to unlock Thanatophobia, the almost impossible trophy, in Rogue Legacy
- Here's a first look at Agent 47 in the upcoming movie 'Hitman: Agent 47'
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27