This week's issue of Famitsu revealed that Gyakuten Saiban 5, latest in the series known as Ace Attorney overseas, is due out July 25 in Japan for the Nintendo 3DS.
The title, the first in the series to star erstwhile attorney Phoenix Wright since Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations in 2004, will ship with a few bonuses in Japan. Purchase Gyakuten 5 before August 15, and you'll gain access to free DLC that offers a few new outfits for the game's main characters. These include Phoenix's original suit from the first three Ace Attorneys and one new outfit each for Apollo Justice and Kokone Kizuki, the as-yet-unnamed-in-English woman who helps Phoenix out in this installment.
The Famitsu preview also revealed that Apollo will be a playable character in the new game's courtroom scenes. In addition, it offered the first look at one of your new enemies: Jin Yugami, a prosecutor who's currently serving time for murder, but has been allowed to come back to his courtroom post for some reason. (We're sure it'll make a lot more sense within the flow of the story. Maybe.)
- Tales from the Borderlands stars two lying, greedy Pandorians
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Phil Spencer: Games with Gold will feel 'more true' to what consumers want in the future
- When a successful game is a failure