EarthBound, Nintendo's irreverent sci-fi RPG, is coming to the Wii U Virtual Console sometime this year in North America and Europe, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata revealed during a Nintendo Direct presentation today.
The impetus for the game's western release was outcry from fans in the Miiverse social platform. The game has been out on the Virtual Console service in Japan for some time.
Iwata promised that more information on EarthBound's Virtual Console debut will surface in the coming months.
In This StoryStream
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?