EarthBound, Nintendo's irreverent sci-fi RPG, is coming to the Wii U Virtual Console sometime this year in North America and Europe, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata revealed during a Nintendo Direct presentation today.
The impetus for the game's western release was outcry from fans in the Miiverse social platform. The game has been out on the Virtual Console service in Japan for some time.
Iwata promised that more information on EarthBound's Virtual Console debut will surface in the coming months.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)