Lobo, the hyper-violent DC Comics anti-hero, will be the first of four downloadable fighters coming to Injustice: Gods Among Us, designer and NetherRealm Studios founder Ed Boon confirmed today in a video.
Boon describes Lobo as a "a really fast brawler" with "amazing range," thanks to the hook and chain he wields. "He plays like no other character in the game," Boon said, "so I can't wait for people to finally download him and see how he plays."
In addition to confirming Lobo — a frequent fan request — Boon acknowledged DC character requests that NetherRealm "keep[s] hearing" from fans, specifically Martian Manhunter, Supergirl, Power Girl and Red Hood, but did not specify if any of those would make a future appearance in Injustice.
Publisher Warner Bros. announced in March that four additional characters would be added to the game's roster through downloadable content.
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Hotline Miami publisher is coming to the rescue of GaymerX after this week's funding mishap
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death