Lobo, the hyper-violent DC Comics anti-hero, will be the first of four downloadable fighters coming to Injustice: Gods Among Us, designer and NetherRealm Studios founder Ed Boon confirmed today in a video.
Boon describes Lobo as a "a really fast brawler" with "amazing range," thanks to the hook and chain he wields. "He plays like no other character in the game," Boon said, "so I can't wait for people to finally download him and see how he plays."
In addition to confirming Lobo — a frequent fan request — Boon acknowledged DC character requests that NetherRealm "keep[s] hearing" from fans, specifically Martian Manhunter, Supergirl, Power Girl and Red Hood, but did not specify if any of those would make a future appearance in Injustice.
Publisher Warner Bros. announced in March that four additional characters would be added to the game's roster through downloadable content.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4