Lobo, the hyper-violent DC Comics anti-hero, will be the first of four downloadable fighters coming to Injustice: Gods Among Us, designer and NetherRealm Studios founder Ed Boon confirmed today in a video.
Boon describes Lobo as a "a really fast brawler" with "amazing range," thanks to the hook and chain he wields. "He plays like no other character in the game," Boon said, "so I can't wait for people to finally download him and see how he plays."
In addition to confirming Lobo — a frequent fan request — Boon acknowledged DC character requests that NetherRealm "keep[s] hearing" from fans, specifically Martian Manhunter, Supergirl, Power Girl and Red Hood, but did not specify if any of those would make a future appearance in Injustice.
Publisher Warner Bros. announced in March that four additional characters would be added to the game's roster through downloadable content.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy