Microsoft is in talks to bring back the NBC television series Heroes, likely as part of its slate of original programming under the Xbox brand, reports TVLine.
The revival of the sci-fi series would feature new characters and stories, and could bring in heroes from the show's original run, which lasted from 2006-2010 on NBC, in cameos, according to TVLine's sources.
This past February, Microsoft announced the formation of the Los Angeles-based Xbox Entertainment Studios, a new division built to create original programming and interactive content. Former CBS executive Nancy Tellem, who joined Microsoft last fall, heads up the studio.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)