Microsoft is in talks to bring back the NBC television series Heroes, likely as part of its slate of original programming under the Xbox brand, reports TVLine.
The revival of the sci-fi series would feature new characters and stories, and could bring in heroes from the show's original run, which lasted from 2006-2010 on NBC, in cameos, according to TVLine's sources.
This past February, Microsoft announced the formation of the Los Angeles-based Xbox Entertainment Studios, a new division built to create original programming and interactive content. Former CBS executive Nancy Tellem, who joined Microsoft last fall, heads up the studio.
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update