Pre-orders for Deadpool, High Moon Studios' upcoming action game based on the titular Marvel comic book character, include maps, exclusive wallpapers and Amazon credit, according to a post on One of Swords.
Those who pre-order the game from GameStop and EB Games will receive the Merc with a Map Pack downloadable content, which includes two maps for the game's Deadpool Challenge Mode and two costumes to use in the unlockable Infinite Mode, in which players' scores are tracked globally. PowerUp Rewards members in the U.S. will also receive a computer wallpaper. Deadpool's GameStop midnight launch in the U.S. store with the most pre-orders will feature "appearances" by Deadpool and other comic characters.
Pre-orders at Amazon include $5 in Amazon credit toward Marvel graphic novels and an exclusive Deadpool wallpaper.
Deadpool is set for release June 25 for $49.99 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 and $39.99 on Windows PC.
Earlier this month, publisher Activision confirmed to Polygon that it had laid off "approximately" 40 full-time employees on the Deadpool development team High Moon Studios.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Rayman creator Michel Ancel leading new indie studio Wild Sheep, will stay at Ubisoft