Pre-orders for Deadpool, High Moon Studios' upcoming action game based on the titular Marvel comic book character, include maps, exclusive wallpapers and Amazon credit, according to a post on One of Swords.
Those who pre-order the game from GameStop and EB Games will receive the Merc with a Map Pack downloadable content, which includes two maps for the game's Deadpool Challenge Mode and two costumes to use in the unlockable Infinite Mode, in which players' scores are tracked globally. PowerUp Rewards members in the U.S. will also receive a computer wallpaper. Deadpool's GameStop midnight launch in the U.S. store with the most pre-orders will feature "appearances" by Deadpool and other comic characters.
Pre-orders at Amazon include $5 in Amazon credit toward Marvel graphic novels and an exclusive Deadpool wallpaper.
Deadpool is set for release June 25 for $49.99 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 and $39.99 on Windows PC.
Earlier this month, publisher Activision confirmed to Polygon that it had laid off "approximately" 40 full-time employees on the Deadpool development team High Moon Studios.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4