Star Trek Online publisher Perfect World Entertainment will launch the game's first expansion, Legacy of Romulus, next month, and the company announced two paid pre-order packs for the expansion today.
Cryptic Studios' space MMO went free-to-play in January 2012, and Legacy of Romulus will be free as well, but players can purchase the expansion's Starter Pack or Legacy Pack for additional content.
The $19.99 Starter Pack comes with two ships, the T'Varo Warbird Retrofit and T'Varo Light Warbird, as well as a Liberated Borg Reman Bridge Officer and an exclusive "Survivor of Romulus" title. The Legacy Pack, which costs $124.99, boasts nine Romulan ships that unlock for all Romulan Republic characters on an account. It also includes a playable Romulan Faction species, the Reman, and numerous other digital trinkets like titles and master keys.
Star Trek Online: Legacy of Romulus launches May 21. Check out a Legacy Pack trailer below.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- $169 worth of awesome games (and Daikatana)