PopCap Games, developers of Bejeweled, Peggle and Plants vs. Zombies, released Bookworm Heroes today, a mobile multiplayer take on the word game series, according to a press release from the developer.
The free-to-play game pits players against each other, as they take turns building words from letter tiles and draining each other's health. Players can assume the role of Lex the Bookworm and earn coins to purchase or rent literary "heroes" like Hamlet and "pets" that add bonuses to boost scores, add health and more. Bookworm Heroes also includes Game Center leader boards and Facebook integration to boast about victories or challenge friends.
"We're ecstatic to introduce the next chapter of Bookworm to iOS users in a new adaptation that brings multiplayer and social gameplay to what's previously been a solitary player experience," said Scott Willoughby, Bookworm franchise director at PopCap. "Bookworm Heroes adds a new level of fun and challenge among friends, plus a ton of extras that we believe make this the best Bookworm iteration yet."
You can download Bookworm Heroes, PopCap's "vocabularious word challenge," free in the iOS App Store.
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell sends the Saints to Hell in 2015
- Nintendo reveals the New Nintendo 3DS
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- More Dragon Quest games heading to mobile, including the original, very soon