Razer will honor some orders placed on its online store with a 90 percent promo code the company was unaware of, Razer CEO Min-Liang Tan said in a statement posted to his Facebook.
The code was discovered earlier this week and could be used to purchase items off the company's online at a deep discount. Razer became aware of the code's existence when Polygon contacted the company for comment, and began looking into the matter.
According to Tan's post, individually purchased products will have the code honored, such as single headsets and gaming mice. Buyers who purchased items in bulk will have to choose one item to apply the 90 percent discount.
Tan wrote that the coupon code was not approved or authorized by the company and had been generated by a third party to "test our shopping cart."The company will not cancel orders made when the code was live in accordance with Razer's "customer comes first policy," Tan said.
"While we have the option of cancelling the orders legally, we've always had a customer comes first policy at Razer and in respect of this incident, we have decided to honor the orders that were placed using the unauthorized code by Razer fans buying single products for their own use," Tan wrote. "Unfortunately, as the products are being sold well below their cost, it will likely cost us an insane amount of losses to make good on the orders which will really really hurt us as we're still a small company — that much said, we want to do right by the community."
[Thanks, Stefan Pace.]
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?