Minecraft developer Mojang partnered with toy manufacturer Jazwares to produce toys and electronics based on the popular blocky world-building game, according to a press release from Jazwares (PDF link).
The worldwide agreement between the companies will first produce products like action figures, plush toys and papercraft, which will be available for the 2013 holiday season.
"We are excited by our new partnership with Jazwares," said Mojang CEO Carl Manneh. "This partnership will help give our community a new way to interact with the game they love."
Jazwares has produced products based on everything from Star Wars and WWE to video game properties like Sonic the Hedgehog and Mortal Kombat. Last year, the company announced a partnership with PopCap Games to produce merchandise based on Plants vs. Zombies and Bejeweled.
For more on Mojang, Minecraft and the future of the company, be sure to check out Polygon's recent interview with designer Markus "Notch" Persson.
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free