Boy, am I happy to end this week.
Over the past few days, I've struggled to write, think or care about video games. I've struggled to really do anything. Surely I'm not alone. What an awful week. What an absolutely awful week.
And yet, some really amazing things have happened this week. Like this and this and this. Many people are really stepping up. So this weekend I hope you will join me in doing what we love: playing games. And I also hope you'll lend a hand. You could donate blood or money or anything.
It's been an awful week, but I believe we can help to make next week better.
That's all. This week's Besties doesn't talk about "this week." We tried to focus on the good, which has been the unspoken goal of the show since its creation. I hope you enjoy it. Let's talk about some video games.
- 4:30 - Best Nintendo Direct
- 14:30 - Best way to remind yourself how difficult Dishonored was (The Knife of Dunwall DLC)
- 21:30 - Half time - The recently canceled Ready for Love
- 25:45 - The best example that in-app purchasing will bring the end of the world (Dungeon Hunter 4)
- 31:00 - Best reason to throw a controller though a PC monitor (La Mulana)
- 39:00 - The winner is...
Theme song by Ian Dorsch
Get the show:
- The fixer: Why Rod Fergusson returned to Gears of War
- Polygon Plays: Deus Ex - Episode one
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is the chili cheese fry of Marvel's movie collection
- Players want more options than murder, and GTA 5 proves it
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Zelda speedrunner explains how it's possible to beat Ocarina of Time in 18 minutes
- OneeChanbara is still kicking, bringing NSFW zombie-slashing action to PS4 this fall
- ABC just launched history's biggest, most well-funded LARP
- Hollywood taking a second stab at a Dead Island movie
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell (update)