Boy, am I happy to end this week.
Over the past few days, I've struggled to write, think or care about video games. I've struggled to really do anything. Surely I'm not alone. What an awful week. What an absolutely awful week.
And yet, some really amazing things have happened this week. Like this and this and this. Many people are really stepping up. So this weekend I hope you will join me in doing what we love: playing games. And I also hope you'll lend a hand. You could donate blood or money or anything.
It's been an awful week, but I believe we can help to make next week better.
That's all. This week's Besties doesn't talk about "this week." We tried to focus on the good, which has been the unspoken goal of the show since its creation. I hope you enjoy it. Let's talk about some video games.
- 4:30 - Best Nintendo Direct
- 14:30 - Best way to remind yourself how difficult Dishonored was (The Knife of Dunwall DLC)
- 21:30 - Half time - The recently canceled Ready for Love
- 25:45 - The best example that in-app purchasing will bring the end of the world (Dungeon Hunter 4)
- 31:00 - Best reason to throw a controller though a PC monitor (La Mulana)
- 39:00 - The winner is...
Theme song by Ian Dorsch
Get the show:
- Tales from the Borderlands stars two lying, greedy Pandorians
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Watch Dogs drop-in multiplayer can be turned on or off
- When a successful game is a failure
- Video Games Live to feature more than 50 shows worldwide
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- Fight Club reimagined as a side-scrolling brawler
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- Klei's puzzle game Eets Munchies now available for iOS