Boy, am I happy to end this week.
Over the past few days, I've struggled to write, think or care about video games. I've struggled to really do anything. Surely I'm not alone. What an awful week. What an absolutely awful week.
And yet, some really amazing things have happened this week. Like this and this and this. Many people are really stepping up. So this weekend I hope you will join me in doing what we love: playing games. And I also hope you'll lend a hand. You could donate blood or money or anything.
It's been an awful week, but I believe we can help to make next week better.
That's all. This week's Besties doesn't talk about "this week." We tried to focus on the good, which has been the unspoken goal of the show since its creation. I hope you enjoy it. Let's talk about some video games.
- 4:30 - Best Nintendo Direct
- 14:30 - Best way to remind yourself how difficult Dishonored was (The Knife of Dunwall DLC)
- 21:30 - Half time - The recently canceled Ready for Love
- 25:45 - The best example that in-app purchasing will bring the end of the world (Dungeon Hunter 4)
- 31:00 - Best reason to throw a controller though a PC monitor (La Mulana)
- 39:00 - The winner is...
Theme song by Ian Dorsch
Get the show:
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Bungie pays up $95K to the composer behind Halo
- I'm reviewing every FMV game because I'm broken inside
- Quit Twitter before you're hard, quit Instagram before you're soft
- Watch Dogs modder releases final version of his PC graphics overhaul, TheWorse Mod
- Here's a first-person shooter with a difference
- Media Molecule teases PS4 project with trippy strobe-lit faces
- Maniac Mansion design doc highlights a simpler, funnier era
- Wii U owners can now transfer their data to another Wii U