Boy, am I happy to end this week.
Over the past few days, I've struggled to write, think or care about video games. I've struggled to really do anything. Surely I'm not alone. What an awful week. What an absolutely awful week.
And yet, some really amazing things have happened this week. Like this and this and this. Many people are really stepping up. So this weekend I hope you will join me in doing what we love: playing games. And I also hope you'll lend a hand. You could donate blood or money or anything.
It's been an awful week, but I believe we can help to make next week better.
That's all. This week's Besties doesn't talk about "this week." We tried to focus on the good, which has been the unspoken goal of the show since its creation. I hope you enjoy it. Let's talk about some video games.
- 4:30 - Best Nintendo Direct
- 14:30 - Best way to remind yourself how difficult Dishonored was (The Knife of Dunwall DLC)
- 21:30 - Half time - The recently canceled Ready for Love
- 25:45 - The best example that in-app purchasing will bring the end of the world (Dungeon Hunter 4)
- 31:00 - Best reason to throw a controller though a PC monitor (La Mulana)
- 39:00 - The winner is...
Theme song by Ian Dorsch
Get the show:
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- California city repeals longstanding ban on ... playing pinball?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Ouya strikes a deal to bring games to China
- Google cleans up Google Play store, removes dozens of Swing Copters clones
- Watch the entire first act of the Mario Opera
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song
- The Long Dark arrives on Early Access next month
- Disney Infinity is free to download on Wii U