The game will feature more than 400 demons to recruit and combine, branching story paths and a turn-based battle system.
"The return of the legendary Shin Megami Tensei series is one of the biggest milestones yet for Atlus and the 3DS," said Naoto Hiraoka, president and chief executive officer, Index Digital Media, Inc. "Since this is the first title from the original SMT series in a decade, we tapped the best developers from many of Atlus' acclaimed projects including Nocturne, Strange , Persona and Soul Hackers to create a premium experience that lives up to our fans' and our own expectations."
The title will launch in Japan on May 23, 2013. Another Shin Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, is set to release for the Nintendo 3DS on April 16, 2013 in the U.S.title,
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Kickstarter suspends Ex-STALKER devs' Areal campaign, West Games turns to direct funding