The yearly installments will continue until this happens, according to Ubisoft Montreal head Yannis Mallat. "The players will tell us," he said. "Right now, there are more and more coming into the franchise, so I don't see that day."
Ubisoft's primary focus for gaining player interest is for each future title to share a quality level offered in previous games from the series, he adds.
"It's our breakthrough," he says. "When you have quality content, the frequency of coming out with the game is not an issue at all. On the contrary, people expect more and more of that content. So, it's natural to be able to provide that content. The gamers are happy, and it's our job to make them happy."
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, the next title in the series, is schedule to hit North America on Oct. 29 and Europe on Nov. 1.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- The best song in a video game?