Electronic Arts' city-building simulation SimCity has its first sponsored item, thanks to Nissan. Available for download starting today is the Nissan Leaf Charging Station, a free in-game add-on that — in addition to letting Sims drive licensed electric cars — adds "happiness to nearby buildings" and produces no pollution.
The charging station will serve as a destination for players' Sims to access and recharge their Nissan Leafs, according to a post on EA's forums. "Once they leave, the Sims will find themselves happier," reads the post. Adding the charging station will not draw power, water or workers away from players' cities, according to EA, nor will it produce garbage or sewage.
The Nissan-sponsored item is available to download for free worldwide starting today and will be available for the next six months, according to EA.
SimCity launched on Windows PC in March. A Mac version is due sometime this spring, according to EA.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)