Namco Bandai released a new trailer detailing Star Trek's original storyline, which follows Kirk and Spock as they take on the Gorn and recover a lost device.
Brian Miller, Paramount Pictures senior vice president and host of the video, explained that the team "wanted to tell an original story." That began with hiring Marianne Krawczyk, who is best known for penning the God of War trilogy.
According to Miller, the game's story will be canon to the Star Trek universe. The game takes place after the 2009 film and before Into Darkness, due out this summer.
Star Trek is currently slated for release April 23 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC. Check out the video above for a glimpse at the story and gameplay.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends