Speaking with Northernlion, McMillen said that the game continues to build momentum.
"In the first year we sold a million copies, and now we're already up to two million," McMillen said. "It's nuts ... It would be awesome [for the remake] to come out before the end of the year."
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, the upcoming remake announced in November 2012, will include new content. McMillen spoke about Mystery Man, a randomly generated unlockable character with randomly generated items. Mystery Man's stats will also be randomly generated, McMillen said. You can listen to the full interview in the video above to hear more.
Rebirth is currently scheduled to launch on PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita and Windows PC. McMillen is also reportedly talking with Nintendo and Microsoft about potential 3DS and Xbox 360 ports.
More from Polygon
- Destiny Beta
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- I just want a gritty mature MOBA
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon YouTube Channel
- Thoughts on Destiny
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 14: Beast War-riors (part 2)