Speaking with Northernlion, McMillen said that the game continues to build momentum.
"In the first year we sold a million copies, and now we're already up to two million," McMillen said. "It's nuts ... It would be awesome [for the remake] to come out before the end of the year."
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, the upcoming remake announced in November 2012, will include new content. McMillen spoke about Mystery Man, a randomly generated unlockable character with randomly generated items. Mystery Man's stats will also be randomly generated, McMillen said. You can listen to the full interview in the video above to hear more.
Rebirth is currently scheduled to launch on PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita and Windows PC. McMillen is also reportedly talking with Nintendo and Microsoft about potential 3DS and Xbox 360 ports.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- RIP Friends List?
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta