The game will utilize the system's GamePad to use Sam Fisher's gadgets such as ri-rotor drones, sticky cam; combat enemies; switch weapons; and navigate levels. Gamers can also track friends' missions via the GamePad.
It was first teased last fall that Blacklist may see a release on Wii U when NeoGAF user "Thraktor" posted a photo to the NeoGAF forums. The photo depicted a mass of pre-order games labeled for Wii U, which included Splinter Cell: Blacklist amongst the number.
It was discovered in February that two Ubisoft employees mentioned Blacklist for the Wii U on their LinkedIn profiles and Nintendo confirmed earlier this month that the title will be coming to the system.
The Wii U version will launch alongside the previously announced platforms —, 3 and PC — on Aug. 20 in North America, Aug. 22 in Europe and Aug. 23 in the U.K.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Microsoft hosting ID@Xbox open house before PAX kicks off
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- That bucket came from the moon: Yep, Destiny took the ice bucket challenge