The side-scrolling platformer features a two player co-operative mode over local wireless, which needs two game cards and two Nintendo 3DS systems, and it is not capable of online multiplayer.
The game is a port of the Wii game of the same title and includes an easier mode to "better optimize [the game] for portable playability." In the new mode, Diddy and Donkey can take up to five hits from an enemy thanks to the increase of hearts from two to three. The easier difficulty setting also includes extra environmental objects to assist Donkey and Diddy, such as balloons and crash guards.
The title also features an Original Mode which sets the difficulty to the level of the original Wii version.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?