In celebration of Metal Gear Solid's 25th anniversary, Konami will release Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection, which includes original versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2, for PlayStation 3 this June, the company announced via press release.
Those who pick up the pack will receive Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: HD Edition, Metal Gear Solid 3: HD Edition, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Edition, Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions and Metal Gear Solid 4: Trophy Edition, as well as two digital graphic novels from Ashley Wood. According to Konami's president of Digital Entertainment, Tomoyuki Tsuboi, the collection is a chance for players to experience the series from its origins.
"We wanted to give Metal Gear Solid fans the opportunity to experience the series from beginning to end, all on one console," Tsuboi said. "With the collection's multiple titles, players can truly see how Metal Gear Solid evolved into the critically acclaimed and beloved franchise it is today."
A price has not yet been announced for the collection.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- $169 worth of awesome games (and Daikatana)
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Thoughts on Destiny
- Yakuza 5 (Ryū ga Gotoku 5) Fan Translation Gone?
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22