Elemental: Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes, the standalone turn-based expansion to Stardock's fantasy-themed Elemental: Fallen Enchantress strategy game, will be released May 22 on Steam.
The $39.99 Windows PC game is available for pre-order on Valve's digital distribution platform. Those who purchased Elemental: War of Magic before Oct. 31, 2010 will receive the expansion for free. Owners of 2012's Elemental: Fallen Enchantress can purchase the expansion for $19.99.
As with the previous game, Derek Paxton, whose work includes Fall from Heaven, a game he described as "a dark fantasy game mod" for Civilization 4, served as lead designer on Elemental: Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes.
The developer designed the DRM-free game "to be played on even relatively low-end PCs." It requires at least Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8, a 2.4 GHz processor and 1 GB of RAM. Announced in early February, the expansion will add new monsters, a skill tree-based leveling system, larger maps and more.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- Shadowrun Returns gets a Director's Cut of its expansion this September
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'