CI Games' Lords of the Fallen is a difficult action role-playing game with Borderlands-like skill trees and character development, executive producer Tomasz Gop said in an interview with Eurogamer.
"It's a challenging game, action RPG, which means a lot of advanced combat," he told Eurogamer. "When you walk through a location, and you have to fight 10 enemies, that takes around an hour.
"When you fight in Mortal Kombat, when you fight in Tekken, that's why it takes so long — Dark Souls is probably a strong reference as well," he said. But he went on to explain that have also incorporated skill trees and classes, inspired by Borderlands.
Lords of the Fallen is slated for a 2014 release onPC, 4 and the next-generation Xbox. When questioned about the next Xbox, Gop explained to Eurogamer that he doesn't think a "lot of people [are] going to be surprised. I don't think it's going to be huge news what's inside, no — seriously."
When the conversation turned to Sony's PlayStation 4, he said that the console's 8GB of GDDR5 RAM allows for greater detail on the assets and that more information can be displayed on screen. Gop said that he "couldn't even imagine making a tessellated game" on current-gen machines and the difference may "be one of the biggest gaps."
- We play Titanfall, TowerFall and Dark Souls 2 in this week's Polygon Live
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 wants to be the simple, fast-paced game you remember
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- South Park: The Stick of Truth let me do everything but be myself, and that's a bummer
- Watch Unreal Engine 4 running in Firefox